We suggest you pack:
- medicines you're taking, including prescription and non-prescription – please have a written list of your medication and doses and times taken.
- X-rays or medical images
- specialist's letters or referrals
- your hospital's pre-admission pack (if you received one).
If you're staying in hospital overnight, here are some suggested items (and remember to keep valuable personal items at home):
- Slippers (non-slip)
- Day clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Antiseptic soap
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Personal music player
If you are having breast surgery:
- Bring your post-op pillow
- Post-op exercise instruction sheet
- Post-operative bras
Before hospital checklist
- Check your health fund for your level of cover including any waiting periods, exclusions, minimum benefits, excess or co-payments.
- Be prepared to pay any of these out of pocket expenses to the hospital on arrival.
- Ensure that you have completed your preadmission hospital forms received from Dr Gault, or alternatively on line on the Pindara private hospital website (preferred).
- Confirm your admission time with Dr Gault’s reception prior to admission day.
- Follow the link provided to obtain more information about pre-admission and to access the online admission form:
Please contact our friendly staff if you have any questions regarding your admission or hospital stay on 07 5539 3999.